Saturday, November 14, 2020

Back to Virtual Meetings STARTING NOW


Dear Monica,

Well, as you have probably heard by now that WA State will be going into a modified stay at home order. This is the main reason we will now go back to 100% virtual meetings. Our event calendar should now be updated to reflect this. You will get the link to the Zoom meeting once you RSVP. The Happy Hours will continue as scheduled.

Nov 23rd Virtual Meeting - 4th Monday

Dec 14th Virtual Meeting - 2nd Monday

I was working on moving back to virtual only meetings before the news hit today. I have been discussing this with the Admin Team as several people were not comfortable with the social distancing and mask wearing practices that were happening (or not happening) at our last in person meeting. I am guilty of these complaints as well so don't feel like I am singling out one or two people. We, as a group, need to do better if we are going to go back to in person meetings. I am responsible for everyone in that room and it will come back on me if anyone get sick from COVID-19. Plus, I will feel extremely guilty if that ever happens. 

Personally, my family will be video calling our family during Thanksgiving in lieu of gathering in person. I bought my Thanksgiving dinner from Dream Dinners so check them out as an option. Or, order dinner from Shawn O'Donnell's this year! I feel terrible not being able to support them by hosting our meetings. I will continue to order take out food from them in the meantime.

Let's do our part by staying at home. There is an end in sight. We just have to do our part until we get there. 

~Monica~

No comments:

Post a Comment